Skip to main content

Blogging Guide - Setting Goals for a Blog

Blogging Guide - Setting Goals for a Blog Through research and hopping from blog to blog especially those blogs that talked about blogging guide and how to make money online by blogging, I've come to a point of setting a goal for my gaming blog. Having a blog with a goal or goals will somehow give you (as blogger) a clearer vision of your blog's future in the world wide web. I also learned from a famous blogger John Chow that at the very start of your blogging venture, you should have outlined the goals or targets for your blog.

The following are the goals for my blog:
  1. Increase Alexa Ranking. My current Alexa Rank during this post is 391,949 and my target is get to 100,00 Alexa Rank or even lower number (the lower the number the better). This blog has made a big leap in terms of Alexa Ranking because from approximately 3,000,000 during April 2010, i made it to be at 1,220,190 on June 20, 2010 and at present - 391,949. This big leap for my blog can be compared on my alexa rank story.
  2. More Traffic. From approximately 1,500 unique visitors per day, i am very well motivated to get at least 3,000 unique visitors before my 1st Blogversary on October 31, 2010. After two years, i hope i can achieve a 20,000 unique visitors per day and more daily page impressions.
  3. Increase My Google PageRank. During this post, my blog is at PR 1 and i do hope during the next PR update, i can get PR 2 or PR3. My ultimate target for this blog after 3 years is to get PR5 or even higher.
  4. More Posts. My goal is to have at least 3 quality posts per week and at least 2 posts per day of hi-jacked keywords.
  5. Start Earning Money Online. Before my blogversary, my target is to earn at least $100 per month. As of this time, my monthly earning is negligible.
  6. To Have A Domain Name. For a long-term goal and for more money to come, i planned to buy a domain name for this blog from godaddy.com. I just wait the next PR Update. If it will make a big leap in my pagerank, i will remain as blogspot blogger. If i can only get PR2 or  retain as PR1, then a new domain name is expected.
  7. My next domain name. If ever i will buy a domain name, the following domain names are my favorites: www.scolexportal.com, www.scolexportal.net or www.scolexportal.com.
  8. More followers through Google Friend Connect. So far my followers are only 24. My goal is to reach 100 followers before my blogversary. My long-term goal is to have 1,000 followers in the next two years.
  9. More Subscribers on Feedburner. My readers through feedburner is around 75-80. Before my blogversary i wish i can have 200 readers through my RSS Feeds. My long term goal is to have 50,000 feedburner subscribers in the next five years of this blog's existence.
  10. More blogging friends. Blogging has been a venue for me to gain more friends online. With a lots of friends ranging from novice blogger to expert level, you will really gain a lot of insights from them that are useful in your blogging venture.
  11. More Backlinks.More backlinks will mean higher ranking in SERP that will result in increasing traffic volume for my blog. I will always heed the rules in getting more backlinks.
So far, these are the goals for my blog. I will update these goals if there are things worthy to be added as my additional goals for Scolex Portal.

Have you set your goals for your blog? If not, then start setting your goals!
If you have goals worthy to be shared, please share them through leaving a comment on this post.

For more blogging and SEO tips, please don't forget to subscribe:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You might also like:
Blogging Seminar - A Success
Make Money Online - Haunting Me Through Email
How I Learned Search Engine Optimization(SEO)?
My Google PageRank Prediction
Next PageRank Update and How to Increase PageRank
How to Increase Alexa Ranking
How to Get One-Way Backlinks
Fast and Easy Ways to Get One-way Backlinks 
Blogging Guide - Setting Goals for a Blog 
How to Make Money Online in the Philippines?
Post Title before Blog Title for Better ranking in SERP
PageRank Backlinks Table
New Custom Domain Name - A New Beginning
PageRank 7 Blogspot Blog
Time's Best Blogs of 2010
Scolex Portal's First Blogversary

Comments

  1. i just created my blog. i will follow your advice. It's my primary target to increase my blog's backlinks so that i will raise my ranking in SERP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice set of goals, me too i'll be crafting my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info you have shared here, i'm really new to blogging and looking to make it better then it is now, pretty messy at the moment lol feel free to check it out http://makemoneyonlinetheeasyway.net/

    Cheers

    Adam Brylecorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips for bloggers..i've just started this blog and started achieving my goals...
    Medical Books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have comments, questions, or additional info to add in this post please share them here.

Popular posts from this blog

DepEd Computerization Program (DCP) for Elementary Schools

Aside from giving computers to all secondary schools, the DepEd Computerization Program is now expanding its scope which includes elementary schools which passed the minimum requirement set  by the department. The Batch 6 of the DepEd Computerization Program (DCP) will give Multi-media Equipment for Public Elementary Schools Nationwide with the budget derived from the savings of 2003-2004 DCP Budget. The target recipients will be 93 elementary schools, which will serve as pilot schools for the DCP for Elementary Schools. On Batch 7 of the DCP, its target is to give 2,434 elementary schools with multimedia equipment. These schools should have population greater than 900 pupils. The Multimedia Classroom Package for Elementary: 1 host PC 6  17"  LCD Monitor 6 keyboard and mouse 2 kits - Desktop Virtualization Kit using shared computing technology 1 UPS 1 Interactive Whiteboard 1 3-in-1 Inkjet Printer 1 LCD Projector Face to Face lecture and hands-on training for Des

Blog Rolling, My Top 100

Scolex Portal is now expanding its horizon from a blog that has never been known to at least a blog that can be searched through Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Bing. If you want to be be part of my blog roll, leave your blog URL and be part of Scolex Portal's Top 100 Blog Roll. Please do add me in your blog roll with Free Article Directory   as anchor text. By the way you can also use any of the following as anchor text: Scolex Portal scolexportal.com www.scolexportal.com http://www.scolexportal.com Scolex blog Let's continue rolling with link exchange! Contact me! Happy blogging! MY BLOG ROLL: About Chandigarh : Chandigarh, the dream city of India's first Prime Minister JwaharLal Nehru is the best example of planned architecture and urbanization. Tricity Chandigarh is, indeed, a best residential place in North India. Abstract art A blog about different abstract arts that are worth keeping. Accessibility reviews Spotless Interactive are experts in